Wizard 1.0.4 CM / WW Build

Wizard 1.0.4 CM / WW build submitted by Twerp.

So, I've been messing around since the patch came out and have been trying to find a build that I find works well to still essentially "tank" like my wiz did with CM/WW. Thought I'd share it with you all since I actually find it more fun than the WW build and it utilizes some of the wizard buffs. I have tried it out in a2 and rarely die, going to test it out in a3 tomorrow. Also, glad bliz nerfed WW in the long run because it's nice changing things up.

So here's my build:
  • Magic Missle / Seeker
  • Teleport / Fracture
  • Energy Armor / Prismatic armor
  • Hydra / Arcane
  • Meteor / Star Pact
  • Diamond Skin / Crystal Shell

Passives: Glass Cannon, Temporal Flux, Critical Mass

Like I said, I used to run a CM/WW wiz, so I had the crit chance gear. With it, I can spam meteor and it procs enough that my diamond skin rarely runs out when fighting mobs & elites.

Stats:
  • 25.5k life,
  • ~600 base res 
  • 43% cc
  • 154% crit dmg
  • 7% ias boost 
I do 45k dmg. I clear a2 mobs fairly easy (though shielding mobs are a little annoying).

Since I spent 2 days trying to figure out a good skill set as a result of the WW nerf I thought I'd share what I found to work for me.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Twerp-1196/hero/11100532