- Enrage timers on elites will be removed. (Though they remain on bosses.)
- Elite monsters in inferno will see a 10-25% health decrease, invulnerable minions have been removed completely, and a few incredibly tough affixes have been toned down.
- Non-elite monsters in Inferno are getting a 5-10% health increase and increased chance (4x) of dropping magic / rare items.
- Monster health scaling will be capped at 75% in multiplayer games regardless of how many players are in the game. (Currently monsters health scales 75/85/95/110%)
- Champions and Elite Rare packs will no longer heal their HP back to full when you die and take too long to get back to them.
- Magic Find will no longer be averaged in co-op games, instead you will gain the full benefit of your own Magic Find.
- New legendary item changes.
- New class changes: Instead of nerfing skills, they are buffing them. So say a skill has one great rune, but all the others kinda suck. They will be buffing those other runes so they can compete with the one that is effective.
- Two-handed weapons will gain new stronger affixes to compensate for the lack of stats gained by using off-hand weapons.
- ilvl 61 and ilvl 62 weapons will now have a chance to roll damage as good as ilvl 63 weapons.
- Repair costs reduced by 25%.
- Patch 1.0.4 release date: Currently targeted for the fourth week of this month.
Blizzard tracker: August 10, 2012
Well, we're getting closer to 1.0.4, and while it's still a few weeks away we're going to start hitting you fast and furious with blogs aimed at explaining the upcoming changes. To kick things off, I wanted to provide an overview of some of the larger systems changes and game improvements.