Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview
Yesterday's Full Q&A Transcript
Confirmations and Additional Patch 1.0.3 Info:
- 'Shielding' affix is being nerfed: Monster's with this will cast the shield less often.
- 'Invulnerable Minions' affix is being changed: Vulnerable Champion will now have less life and be easier to kill.
- Mobs that flee will do so less often, including blue/yellow packs of fleeing Monsters.
- Confirmed: Blacksmithing costs too will be reduced in 1.0.3.
- Auctions may now be canceled at any time.
- Componets of the Staff of Herding will stand out much more in the player's inventory.
- Players have discovered every zone in the game (aka there's no unfound hidden level).
- Confirmed: Holy, Fire, Cold, etc are purely aesthetic, with the exception of Cold, which does slow mobs but has reduced damage.
- Confirmed: Whimsyshire drops ACT III/IV loot even after the 1.0.3 changes.
Future Patch Changes:
- Custom chat channels.
- Leaving a chat channel saves between joining and leaving game sessions.
- Class changes and diversity (Trying for buffing underused skills/runes rather than nerfing good ones).
- First time boss kills on difficulties higher then Normal will guarantee "first time loot".
- 'Lock Action Bar' toggle is being added.
- Gems, Health Potions and and Pages/Tomes may be changing in color to help them stand out.
- Ability to Turn off the nameplates for white/grey items on the ground for high level characters.
Possible Future Changes (not confirmed):
- +Health to healthglobe items to increase health received from Potions.
- Ability to see DPS/health changes much like in-game, also in the AH window.
- There may be dueling implemented at some point.
- Invisible mode for battle.net status.
- Auto-Skip switch for in-game cutscenes.
- More "on hit" procs, specifically on legendaries to make them feel more, Legendary, with a higher proc %.
- Adding gems to blacksmithing to "force" a stat on crafted gear.